Has anyone ever encountered this?

Hi! I have a friend who recently had a little baby boy, he's tiny now and was even smaller when he was born. A few days ago he was flown to a special pediatric facility due to abdominal distension and thankfully released and sent home.....only problem is that everytime he has to use the restroom (BM) or pass gas he writhes in pain and screams and screams. She is breatsfeeding and has modified her diet, started using Dr. Brown's bottles and tried Mylicon drops, nothing is helping the poor little guy. Has anyone every dealt with anything like this? I wanna help so badly, she is a new mother and I hate to hear a baby having issues=[

flutterby0514

Asked by flutterby0514 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That would have me very concerned. Has the baby seen a doctor about it?
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Please encourage her to have the baby checked and describe exactly what is happening and how often.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010