I see a lot of moms on here saying it's okay to hurt others feelings or be mean to others if the person made them mad or were rude to them? What are we teaching our children?

I have seen it a few times. Is it our job to be mean and put others in their place? It's ok to be nasty? This is what intolerance breeds from. If you in believe this, why don't you teach it to your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and people wonder why there are bullies & why kids are commiting suicide at alarming rates these days.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It depends on what you view as "mean" or "nasty." Sometimes people think the truth is mean. I do not think you should try to say mean things out of spite to someone, but sometimes if they ask a question the answer isnt always a "nice" one. I teach my children to speak their minds and to be honest. They are not to go out of their way to be mean to someone. They are also not going to keep their opinion to themselves though. I don't think you shouldnt tell the truth just bc it might hurt someones feelings.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 1:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would never condone that. I have specifically told my children time and time again that if someone is annoying them, being rude to them, picking on them, etc... that they are to ignore it and if need be walk away. Even when they do these things to each other (as siblings tend to do) I stress that the appropriate way to handle it is ignore and walk away. I don't believe it's OK to puposely hurt someones feelings or be mean to them.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No, like I said before. Neither of us are rude first, but, provoked, we are allowed to defend. And I have this same convo every time an ANON wants to get mad at me.

I didn't start out rude. I was forced to be rude back.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• "If you don't like it Bradensmom, no ones forcing you to read it. You bitch about people being rude on another post but you are doing it yourself. Move on. You have your own bitchfest. Answer the question or move on."

Pot meet kettle.  

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• "OMG...this whole double rant is too much. It's an ANON smörgåsbord. Undercover bitchfest."

Ok..this is not rude.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It was in response to two people arguing ANON for about 10 posts.
    BradenIsMySon

• I actually don't see anything wrong with what Bradenls said. If that is her opinion why couldnt she say that? I don't know what "ANON" means, but if she thought something was an undercover bitchfest, then I dont see the problem with her stating it lol. She didnt call anyone a name or be mean to them. She just stated her opinion.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 1:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My kid isn't taught that. However, on an internet site where someone is so very callous enough to post ANON and spout meanness...I have every right to defend myself on here considering I am hurting no one. If you can spew filth, be big enough to withstand another spewing it back. My son is taught to turn away from a fight only so many times..then he is allowed to defend himself if need be. He is taught to protect other defenseless people too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You can say what you want. It was already in you to begin with if you are acting like that. You can rationalize all you want. But you set an example. Why is it okay to insult a human being because you can't see them, but it's not okay for your child to do so? Maybe the person wasn't actually rude......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010