Fabric Softener... Okay so I have a question.

I am doing laundry as I type this.. Multitasking is the middle name of all mamas.

I do not have a little spout or anything for fabric softener on my washer...but my laundry, towels especially, have become so flat and rough.

I'd like to add fabric softener, so can i just pour it into the wash??

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 12:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• slightly off topic - when I first started doing my own laundry I put the detergent in the downy ball for like a week before it was brought up at family dinner that my Mom had caught my older brother doing that. Everybody was laughing at him and then I was like "wait, where do you put the detergent?" And then they really started roaring. Neither of us will ever live that down. :)
    So anyways....dont do that.
    DO get a downy ball though, God knows that when we are multitasking we always miss the spin cycle. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes but wait until the washer fills with water for a second time...at least that's what my mom always does and her clothes are always so soft
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yeah, add right before the rinse cycle begins.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i use vingar or baking soda and use bounce in the dryer
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You can, but get a fabric softner ball next time you are at the store. They are so much easier. Then you can do other things and not watch the washer like a hawk lol
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 1:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• @v8v

Fabric Softener Ball? So do I just fill it, drop it in and it pops open on its own when its time.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes. Downy sells them, but you can use any fabric softner. You put the stuff in and then throw it in at the beggining of the load. What happens is it opens during the spin cycle. Then the rinse cycle comes and does its thing. This way you dont have to manually add it at the right time.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 1:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Oh and there is a fill line. You dont fill the whole ball. You would waste softner.
    v8v

• Either a Downy Ball or dryer balls, or both like I do
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 3:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010