Do you throw your own garbage out after seeing a movie in the theatre?

I took my daughter to HSM 3 today, and the people next to us literally threw their garbage on the floor and we had to walk over it. Why would someone do this? The theater even reminds us to all throw our garbage away. There were many people who just left drinks in cup holders. Why is this ok?

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Entertainment

• Its not Ok. IMO, people that do stuff like that are rude and have no class. Yes, they are paid to clean up, but they shouldn't have to deal with slobs. Just think, if those poor people didn't have to spend so much time picking up other people's trash, they might actually have time to mop and our feet wouldn't stick to the floors in theaters!

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Eww that's so gross. I feel bad for the people that work in theaters : ( Imagine having to clean that crap up after every single showing! Some people are so rude. I was taught from a very young age to ALWAYS throw away my stuff after a movie.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Absolutely. I think it's horribly rude to leave your trash all over the place!
    19Steph77

Answer by 19Steph77 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree with caitxrawks... that is nasty. And that is why movie theaters have to raise their prices... if they would take a second and think about others, then they would realize that there are people who have to clean up after them... even thought its NOT their job. I was taught to be respectful of others.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• well it just the same as parents and people in general who go to fast food and leave wrappers and trash and trays everywhere.It's rude to do to people and even worse to teach your kids that it's ok!
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 7:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I take mine (and often other people's, too) home and recycle it.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Our trash always goes in the trash container.
    MarieT03

Answer by MarieT03 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Why would people do this? Because some people are slobs, and don't care about anything other than themselves. I never leave trash behind anywhere, it's disgusting. I never litter either. I get angry when I see other people doing it, and I've been known to call people out who are doing it in front of me :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• yes, I agree just plain rude. I think that when some folks come out in general wether it be a restaurant setting or movies wherever they seem to act like they are there to tear up let their kids run hog wild and then say, "well it's there job to clean up", it's not their job to clean up behind pigs . If like the other ladies are saying, if these folks had this job to do they wouldn't want to have to clean up that mess so why treat others like this. It's about having respect for one another. You'll are so right, I was also taught to be mindful of others feelings. I hate that some people think the world does revolve around them and their kids. Also very true what are they teaching their precious babies about how to act in public?
    Thanks for sharing
    flea575
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't think it's ok but during the day when I go see a movie with my four year old and the baby sometimes if the baby has fallen asleep I can't carry her, the diaper bag, the garbage, any food we are keeping, and my daughter's booster seat out. Justine also tends to run off ahead without helping and it's downright scary. I usually gather the garbage first to drop at the can and leave the booster seat if I can't return it all myself. I agree it's so rude that people do that. Probably the same people who leave trays, food, the works on tables at fast food restaurants like they have their own waitperson.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008