Behavior Problems, Hearing Screening Failed, what else?!

My 4 year old Aiden is now in Pre-K and his teacher mentions alot of problems with him. He has failed a hearing screening and hasn't been able to go be seen by an audiologist because of lack of insurance. He doesn't listen to hear, as she put's it. He does what he wants freely all day long. Won't participate in classgroup settings, rather play with toys. He isn't grasping concepts, as the other children are. I don't know what to do at this point! Any suggestions????

ByronAidenMom

Asked by ByronAidenMom at 1:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• I would check with the school system. I know here they have to help and provide whatever help your son needs. When my son was younger he had problems with his hands. The school said that he was okay, education wise, so they could not help. I fought them to get OT for him in the school.

I would go and see if they offer a special class or an aide in the room. I would not let it go, I would also call the DR office and see if there is anything they can do to help.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Is there a state program that can help you get him insurance?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I applied to mediacid here, but it takes 4-8 weeks to get it. I wasn't sure if there are other resources to check while we are in limbo.
    ByronAidenMom

Comment by ByronAidenMom (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010