Does anyone have Mother-in-law problems?

Does anyone have a Mother-in-law who talks about her sons wife and then pretend that she has not said anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• This is a delicate situation and one that can compound quicker than you can say Ahhhhhh... I feel for you i have been there myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It is a very hard place to be. I know that it took a long time for my husband and I to come to understanding about his mother. Now I tell him how I feel about things. Sometime I think he never really understood and now that communication is open he does not always defend her. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• We had a major problem with my husbands mother, she lost control of him when we got married (she really had control big time) and she didnt like that, she even tried to hook him back up with his ex wife(when I was pregnant!), she would invite him over to her house and her at the same time. He told her about herself and she made him chose between me and our son or her and the rest of his family that she has control over, well he chose me and our son and we havnt talked to her in 7 months and we never will again that lady is manipulative and crazy and she will never be in my sons life I will protect him from her as long as I live.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• omg...lol ive made so many posts about this subject...im soooo there and were moving to N.C and my husband is makin me deal with the fact that shell be living with us till she passes...shes said shit about me when we was helpin her out she talked shit sayin i dont take care of my kids like i should and im an unfit mother..TO EVERYBODY I WAS FURIOUS....ur not alone
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i have had that problem,, and still do!! not only wit my mother in law but wit all of his family!!
    LANDENSmamii

Answer by LANDENSmamii at 9:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• OMG yes! I have 3 older stepdaughters and I told my husband over and over that everytime the girls went to visit her they came back and were mean to me. The oldest and I have gotten closer and she finally admitted that her grandmother was the one telling her things to make them more mad about me and that she didn't know why. Meanwhile my mother in law is always telling me how to do things so the kids won't hate me.. She is also a control freak and is always trying to tell me and my husband how to live and raise the kids. The sad part is she really is good to us and does alot for us. It's just her tongue and interference that hurts and causes tension at home. Nothing I do is good enough. I must say it's hard but I bite my tongue and let him deal with it when it's to much to handle. I feel for you.
    Mrs.Vealey

Answer by Mrs.Vealey at 9:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Let's just say that my mother in law is a crazy hiefer! When we told her I was pregnant, she said, "Oh that's great! So, do you wanna hear about how I saw a bear in the woods?" Her son (my husband) is the only one of her children to actually make something of himself. We got married 2 years BEFORE having a baby and we don't live on welfare or have a "baby daddy" in jail or the psych ward (like his sisters). We are the only ones to own our home, but she hasn't come to see it in the year we've lived there. I used to get really upset, but now I realize that she just has issues and just might be slightly jealous of how well we're doing. Don't let her bother you!
    MrsShepherd610

Answer by MrsShepherd610 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My mother in law still has two kids at home and my husband is 28yo. So she acts like we dont exist really sometimes and she never calls me. I try calling and shes always to busy to talk. I want a relationship really bad with her but its hard. I have since stopped calling her bc i just got upset you know. She has not embraced the idea of us having a child really and isnt keen on the idea of being a grandma as well. She sent a set of baby clothes but thats just bc.Its just not fair. The first thing our of her mouth was she was SHOCKED. Her son is 28 omg right. She even tried saying she tries calling me she NEVER calls me. I have tried everything. I have a feeling one day we will be moving where she lives and well that place is secluded seriously.Its beautiful but its a small town and talk flys. I wish my relationship with her was really awesome.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You sound like you are talking about my mother in law. We havnt gotten along since we were together for about 2 months I would say. She fought with all my family, including me while my son was being born. She constantly talks behind my back and then acts like my best freind when shes around me. I know she does this and I hate her so much for it but I still respect her. She also constantly says she loves me when she hangs the phone up, or when she leaves, what a lier she is. So yes I do have problems with my mother in law
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 10:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• been there done that oh god all the time! even his grandmother does like mother like daughter! ive been with the same man for almost 7 years and thats the main reason why i dont wanna marry my boyfriend is cause of his family! bad aint it!
    kalebsmama2007

Answer by kalebsmama2007 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2008