depression

how do you get treatment for depression when there is no health insurance

momwa6

Asked by momwa6 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• Just get a prescription from your dr. I have been on Zoloft for a year now for depression and anxiety and I absolutely love it:) It only costs $35 for the prescription each month. If you are looking for a therapist then Id find out if there are any free support groups or hotlines. You can also try to get insurance through your state. The will check your financial statis and see what you can afford for your income. If you dont get it for free its very affordable. I wish you the best of luck and have been dealing with it since i was a teenager. It will get better! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I myself suffer from depression and I don't take any meds because I have read that the best thing for depression is going to the gym and staying fit!! So if you don't have any health ins. think about joining the gym
    determind

Answer by determind at 7:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Mama, does your county have a County Health Center? Do you have university close to where you live (one with a medical school or psych school)? Sometimes the health depts of universities can offer lost cost treatment, and if they can't, they can probably help you find low-cost treatment. Good luck, mama.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 7:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Ditto with determind. If you don't have health insurance working out is a great help and getting sunlight in short incriments. 10 minutes outside sunlight a couple of times a week. And when you do workout put on some really up beat music. Its an nice escape plus your are taking care of your body and mind. If you have a local YWCA they are great
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Walmart has a ton of generic prescriptions for $4 a month. Go to your doctor and see if there's anything on their list that might help you.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Anxiety and Depression Resource Organization since 1984 - Freedom ...

The following research treatment protocols are available free of charge for those ... Find Helpful Materials on Anxiety, Depression and Other Disorders ...
    www.freedomfromfear.org/treatment.asp -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Depression Treatment and Medications, Free Depression Test ...

Learn about depression, it symptoms, ways to treat it, and much more. Don't be alone, participate in our forum. Come Join and Share your thoughts!
    www.avoiddepression.com/ -
    vbruno

• Free Depression Treatment - Free and Low Cost Depression Treatment

Searching for free depression treatment? One of these free or lower cost depression treatment ideas may be for you.
    depression.about.com/cs/findadoc/a/freelowcosttx.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• well inshallah the department of health will help also try the nih (national Institute of health) hope that helps if u need more thingsemail me
    bemomo1978

Answer by bemomo1978 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• this is not for me i should of made that known sorry but it is for a family member a male and he has had it before and it has come back.
    momwa6

Answer by momwa6 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008