Any dieting quick tips for nursing moms?

I'm looking to make small do-able changes so that I can finish taking off the baby weight. Any suggestions that won't turn my life upside-down?

babyjakesmama

Asked by babyjakesmama at 7:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• When the baby goes down for a nap, put the baby in the stroller and take a walk it will help you get moving and will take the weight off you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I was just wondering this same thing! I just need the last 10 pounds but it seems as if the minute I go without eating a little I produce less milk. If feels that way anyway. And when she finally does sleep, I just want to sit down and rest. I'll keep looking at the replys.. I really need some inspiration too.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it til you're done nursing because you don't want to affect your health or your milk supply. That said, you can eat very healthy and make smart choices, be as active as possible, exercise is fine, just don't limit your intake too much. I was doing weight watchers when I was nursing and got a couple hundred calories (like 10 points) more than if I hadn't been nursing.You just need a little extra right now but definitely exercise in whatever ways work for you. The muscle gains and general fitness will help you burn off any extra fat that much quicker when you do stop nursing.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 1:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Eat lots of fruit before each meal as much as you desire.

This has helped me a lot otherwise I would be eating the house down. My son is 11 months currently and well....hes been needy the past week and I have been extra hungry. I have gotten through so much fruit but gained so much energy from it. If I had eaten tonnes of other food I know it would have made me tired.

I havent put on anything either....fruit is lush :D
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Weightwatchers has a plan for nursing moms right in their book, it doesnt make you change anything, just helps you use self control and definatley works! :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008