i work 24/7

pardon me but this pisses me off. I work at home full time. not a home business but a real job with a fortune 100 company. My 4 yr old is home with me all day. I made a fb post the other day just something stupid about working overtime. My sister (a sahm, and very snotty) writes well i work 24/7, i would love a 9-5. I'm sorry but WTF! I take care of my son while i'm working. fix his breakfast, lunch, get some laundry in there, pick up my other son from school, and am still a parent 24/7. Because you dont have a job you "work" 24/7 and i don't? after a few comments she writes " it's not just the kids, it's taking care of the home, cooking dinner, cleaning, participating in school ect.." I DO ALL THAT TOO. are all SAHM's all really that naive to think working moms don't do all this as well?? I make it to all school functions. She tells me, i've done both, trust me not working is harder...maybe for you! ugh! seriously!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Hate when we get into these debates here in cm. We all work hard, either out of the house or at home. We all try to be the best moms we can be. Your sister is being very shallow, just ignore her and her stupid ideas. I think you ROCK mom!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I am a sahm. It doesn't make sense what your sis said. You are doing great and just laugh because everything she said was just odd. Don't let her frustrate you! You are doing the best for your kids and family and that is what matters! Working moms, SAHM moms, Working from home moms, we all feel like there is too little time and too much to do and I prefer to focus on how I can relate to other moms and how relating helps others feel more understood. seriously we are not like her!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Working mom's are still parents 24/7. I think the difference is that some sahm get jealous that working mom's get time away from their kids. I am a SAHM and I love being able to be home with my kids, but some days I wish I was the one leaving for work. It's very stressful and sometimes lonely staying at home with people who can't hold an adult conversation. So I think both have it tough and neither seem to be able to see the other mothers side. It's time for everyone to grow up and accept parents are parents rather they work and see their kids a few hours a day, work at home and get to spend the day with thier kids and get paid, or stay home and take care of their kids 24/7s
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 1:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I wholeheartedly agree with the first poster.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Whether you work or SAH we ALL have a 24/7 job called PARENTING. Some of us have other jobs in which we earn an income, ON TOP of being parents. No matter what, we are ALL 24/7 PARENTS.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There are people who are unsupportive everywhere---let it go! Sounds like you are managing a full plate ! Aren't we all here doing the best we can for our kids?
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I am a SAHM and think working moms have it harder. You work 40+ hours plus do everything for your kids and the home.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i honestly think it depends on the person, when it comes to who has the hardest job. for me, SAH is harder than when i was working and parenting. i don't like the isolation. sure, i get everything done, but i'm not as happy as i used to be when i had that time to be on my own and have adult conversations. i love my son and i cherish the time i have with him, but i definitely have days where i'm like, holy shit, i would give anything to have an adult boss yelling at me instead of a toddler throwing a fit on the floor because he can't have more cookies! for my husband, who used to be a stay at home dad, working is harder (although i argue he wasn't as diligent about cleaning as i was). maybe she was having a shitty day or something.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 3:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Somebody is always going to have something to say, no matter what you do. If you were a SAHM then your sister would probably say she works harder because she does this or that. She sounds like a 'one upper'. I'm a working mom and although i'm not with my child physically all day, I still have to work double time cleaning, cooking, and making sure the house isn't a disaster when I get home.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010