How important is a good birth to you?

Do you care about your birth experience?
Do you think that the only thing that matters is a healthy baby?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 1:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I want to have a natural birth but if my baby's life depends on it I will do whatever it takes to bring her into the world safe.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Very important. Yes. No.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! I was mentally scared by my first birth. I personally think anyone who says a birthing experience doesn't matter hasn't had to listen to their blood splashing on to the floor repeatedly while laying their thinking they are going to die before they ever get to see their baby again.

I have. I experienced what many mothers refer to as "Birth Rape." I was victimized by doctors who chose cheap and fast over safe and low risk.

I have sence educated myself about birth in every aspect like I should have done prior to my first delivery.

Of course a healthy baby is top priority and I would never risk my child's life for a birthing experience but I also now know what is and is not an emergency in birth, what is and is not normal in birth and how to prevent my first delivery from ever happening again.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• since*
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think the birth is part of a healthy baby. Yes you plan and in most cases it doesn't go as plan but it helps to have a good birth so you can enjoy your baby ASAP
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd prefer having a healthy baby. The birthing experience itself is never pleasant. It's traumatising for you and baby. If your hoping for a pleasant birth, you'll be dissapointed. the best part of that process is hearing your LO cry for the first time. My next one will be C/Section for sure. I'd rather recover from a C/Section scar than episiotomy any day
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Basically I want to go into labor and my lil son to be healthy. I want him to be comfortable. I of course will be getting the epidural. I am not to good with pain. But the main thing about the whole thing is that I can not wait to meet my lil son and hold him for the first time. I am going to breast feed so being able to feed him when he is ready and then to know that this lil bundle is going home with me and mine forever. I get to give him the life that he o so badly deserves. That is what I want short to long term.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010