My son has had diarrhea for three weeks now he was on antibiotics but has been off of them for two weeks now. I have tried everything.. Does any one no of anything to get rid of it??

Tristynsmomma

Asked by Tristynsmomma at 1:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• have you told the Dr? Have you taken away all dairy and fruits that will make him go more? feed him bulkers. you know the bland things they say to eat after the flu, bananas, bread, and those sorts of things. Also take away anything with extra sugar, sugar is a diuretic too. I hope he feels better soon. I feel your pain. I have a son with food allergies and he goes for weeks like this.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• When my daughter has diarreah, i feed her BANannas!! this is a lifesaver..she clogs up within a few hours.. in addition, like the first answer stated, give the child the BRAT diet..Bread, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. no dairy, no sugar, no juices, just pedialite and bannas works best for us. good luck
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• by the way, Three weeks and now Two weeks..this is too long to have diareaha..please retake this child to the doctor. he might be dehydrated and could require IV fluids. I'm not a doctor, just a concerned mom.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If he has had it for that long he is probably dehydrated...I hope he is being seen by a dr for this. What did the dr say??
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• OMG poor baby! Well, you have had diahrrea before? I get tummy cramps with it too. So might baby. I would soo go back to the DR. Take note if there's mucus or runny like liguid but flecks in it or anything odd with the poo. Ask Dr if they need a sample. And keep on the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesause,+Toast) diet. Push fluids. Pediasure, gatoraid -- Somethinhs not right.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• try the brat diet b= bananas
    r=rice
    a=applesauce
    t= toast
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 4:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• WOW! that's a long time....I would be afraid my child would be dehydrated.....the BRAT diet might help (banana, rice, applesauce/toast)...be sure your child is getting enough fluids...Pedialyte/Gatorade
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yogurt and the BRAT diet
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would definitely talk to the dr about that!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• BRAT diet. Feed him a lot of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Give him lots of fluids and CALL YOUR DOCTOR.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2010