should i or shouldn't i go to utah for a funeral of my husbands cousin?

i was planning a trip with my mother to canada but then this happened. i have never met his cousin just his parents. i feel really bad for my husband & i can cry w him over this. i just don't like the thought of being up there just sitting there while everyone is speaking of how they knew him when. i don't want to appear insensitive to my husbands family. at first he didn't expect me to go. now he says he needs me. i told him if he wanted me to i would go. it was up to him. i wish i could take it back now. on the other hand i rarely see my mother as she has retired to mexico. i have been needing a break & vacation to forget about the loss of our poor dog that was attacked & killed by a pit day before cousin died. i just think the whole time i will just be forgotten & not even needed. he would have his whole family around him grieving & i don't want to grieve any more loss. i want to stop crying & enjoy some relaxing time. cont

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• so should i go or not?
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• How far is the trip for you? For instance, I live in FL. It's a big deal to get to Canada or UT. If you're nearby, or near enough, could you do both? Go to the funeral with hubby because if it were reversed, you'd probably deeply appreciate him there for you. But after that, could you go see your mom?
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If my husband asked me to go and told me he needed me I would be there for him.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The answer should have been obvious when he said, "I need you with me." Whether or not you know that part of the family well, your husband needs you to be with him. Go with him. For many married couples, the wife is the rock; she's the foundation upon which a husband needs. Be that solid foundation for him. Go with him to his cousin's funeral. He needs you.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Go for ur husband he needs u by his side
    Brandensmomm423

Answer by Brandensmomm423 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2011