baby bad breath

my son is 10 almost 11 months old and i swear he has bad breath sometimes....i have not started brushing his teeth yet, he has 6 and i am going to start asap but i just wanted to know is that normal? does or has any one elses LO's had bad breath?

qsmommy88

Asked by qsmommy88 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes form spitup, but I brush my babies gums and mouth (she doesn't have teeth yet) everyday to prevent that.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My son is 10 months too. Sometimes he has really bad breath from his formula. I think the stuff just stinks. Also he spits up quite a bit so that makes his breath a little stinky too. I do brush his teeth though. He has 6 all the way in & 2 more just popped through today. I don't use any toothpaste, just water does fine for now.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It's from what he's eating. I noticed my son starting having bad breath after he started solid foods. It's always worse after he eats something with meat in it. Brushing his teeth should take care of it.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 8:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My son is 8 months old. He has 2 teeth in, and one just started to com through the gums. I brush his teeth and try to get his tongue. I take a wet baby wash cloth and I rub his gums right around bed time. I do notice that his breath sometimes smells like milk or cheese. He gets breastmilk, through a bottle, but I rub his gums to help prevent tooth decay. It does help with the smell a bit.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My baby is only 9 weeks old and I think her breath STINKS but I think that is more from the formula. Obviously she doesn't have teeth yet to brush so I just deal with it. lol
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 9:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You can start cleaning your baby's gums right away after birth softly with a clean wash cloth and brushing as soon as the first tooth comes in.
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2008