Is this normal?

my daughter is 2.5. She has known her letters (both caps and lower case). I started teaching her the sounds a few months ago. But she still sometimes says the sound instead of the actual "name" of the letter. Like today we were using a website I found (www.starfall.com for anyone interested) to help with learning. And part of it is picking the letter to complete the word. She sometimes would say the letter, and sometimes she would say the sound. Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would not worry. She is still very young and with time she will get it. If she is talking and can understand you then you are okay. My kids love starfall, they use it in the schools a lot.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks. she has a HUGE vocabulary. she is very smart. I was just wondering if I need to be concerned that she often uses the sounds instead of the actual letter. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• sounds normal to me. I have a nephew that is 5 and he still doesnt kno alot of the letters...hes learning tho :)
    JessicaLynnB

Answer by JessicaLynnB at 1:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• What ever you are doing keep it up. She is on point if not ahead of the game. She will get in time. What to go mom! Just relax and let her learn at her on pace. Like I said she is ahead of the game just let her be.
    lovealynn

Answer by lovealynn at 12:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010