Can you name a RELIABLE thermometer?

I have such a hard time finding a thermometer that I can count on to give accurate readings when I take my 2 year olds temp. Even with new batteries, her ear thermometer is way off. Any suggestions?

mykidsmommy

Asked by mykidsmommy at 7:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use an old fashion mercury one under the arm.  I don't have to worry about the batteries dieing imbetween uses that way.  I do have a battery operated CVS brand one that I use sometimes, too.  But I usually just grab the old fashion one.

MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I use an ear thermometer. It's always worked well. I'd love to tell you the name, but my SIL borrowed it :)
    I did learn the hard way not to use it on a kid who had just woken up- especially not in the ear they were sleeping on. A 106 reading terrified me into learning that lesson very quickly :)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 11:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008