new kitten with a dog

we are thinking about getting a kitten but my dog isn't very cat friendly. how do i get my dog used to the kitten so he doesn't try to kill it every second?

fakeitg00d

Asked by fakeitg00d at 7:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pets

• What type of dog is it?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• he is a jack russel terrier
    fakeitg00d

Answer by fakeitg00d at 11:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• When you first bring the new pet home try seperating them for a while (put the cat in the bathroom and let thr dog run free). Only let the new pet out when you can supervise them. Also feed them and things in different places. Hopefully that helps iy is wonderful having different species in our homes.
    amo3373

Answer by amo3373 at 6:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My dog hated cat and killed them but my kidos wanted a kitten so what I did is keep the cat in a different room and bring it out by your dog and show it to him and if the dog does not like keep doing it and talk nice to your dog and and the cat if the dog barks at it say NO!! be nice after a while they will love each other mine does my dog is 125 pounds and she thinks its my cats mom she licks it and sleeps with it. Its so cute good luck
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2008