Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does your kid have a dead beat dad?having trouble in court with unjustice?

I'm constantly batteling with my ex. In and out of court all the time. He never follows court orders and never seems to get into trouble for it: ex: not bringing my daughter home on time. 2 hours late. No phone call or anything.


Asked by lilma0608 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 12 (837 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Well you just have to cont having your days in court and one of these times he will the judge will see your point of he needs to follow these rules and you are just looking out for the best interest of your children.

    Answer by raemommy at 2:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • wooo hun i am waiting to win the lottery to buy the best damn lawyer out there...for 4 years he has been dragging me thru hell by the hair on my head. im a great mother..always put god and my children first and if it were legal to beat someone i know just who id get ahold of...he kidnapped my daughter for 7 weeks the month after she turned one...taught my baby to call his girlfriennd mommy and i her step not getting into it all...ill explode...but yes im going thru it as well have been and will continue to untill god decides its time for my childs dead beat dad to pay for his bad choices and the hell hes put me thru...and believe me i await that day...

    Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 3:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • I grew up with a non ixistant father and now im so gr8ful that my daughters dad is in her life and mine as well i find myself to be blessed for that every day and most of all to those women who are doing it on your own you are now and allways wil be my biggest heros my mom was strong enough to do it alone and you all are also more power to you its their loss God bless and good luck in your future!
    Talisa G.

    Answer by Talisa G. at 4:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • dont know how old your child is but I went through this too and at a young age i taught my daughter how to use a cell phone and would send it with her on her visits so if anything ever happened she could call me, He didn't like that too well but who cares! As far as going to court and him always comming out on top, same situation here, my lawyer was a "dud", try to get a better lawyer or request a different judge, Meanwhile you just keep being the best mom you can, my daughter is 16 now and she has formed her own oppinion of her sperm donor, I didn't have to criticise or try to make him look bad, he did it all by himself! Now she wants nothing to do with him. Good luck!

    Answer by anichols1 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Nope. Actually on the other end of this. The ex-wife wants her child support and is constantly complaining about it, but he can't give her what he doesn't have. He's not working full-time (only getting minimum wage) and wasn't able to find work for a year-and-a-half because NO ONE wanted to hire him (he's a Navy vet; why can't a vet get a job?). We sent her money via Western Union with MY small paychecks to keep clothes on their son's back, food in his belly, and a roof over his head.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 10:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • If he doesn't pay support, then why not ask him to sign over his rights? I know you wont get money but at least visitation will be on your terms and you will have all the say in everything. That way you don't have to deal with it anymore.

    Answer by lowencope at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010