Cleaning Supplies in Coat Closet?

We have a coat closet right next to the front door and right across the little walkway is the Kitchen. There isnt a pantry in the kitchen or even near it, the only closet is the coat closet. My question is, would it be tacky and gross having our brooms and mops hung on the inside of the closet coat door? Its not visable unless you open the door.

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I guess as long as you have a rack for it.....but cleaning supplies Id put them in the laundry room or where ever you have them up on a shelf away from little ones.

They DO make these clips you can hang brooms and mops with. Any chance of using those inside a garage wall? You could use them inside your door too I suppose. OR inside on the wall where they wont be seen when the door is open if enough space on either side.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If that's how your house is laid out, you do what you have to. We have to store our vacuum cleaner in the coat closet for that same reason.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You do what you have to.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We had to do that in a house we once lived in. We turned the coat closet into a pantry and kept all the brooms, mops and such in there as well. Coats can be hung elsewhere.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have to do that as well. Our home is a tri-level, skinny beach house with middle level entry, our kitchen is on the top floor and the gargae flush with the bottom level. We are actually in construction now and are removing our coat closet all together (we have a second one on the bottom floor) and opening up our kitchen. The vacuum will be the problem- I have 2 vacuums, but I also live in 2 homes- I hate dragging that vacuum up and down multiple stairs.....

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010