Age difference..what is just too much?

I know age is just a number. But my father (64) recently started seeing someone younger than me who is (25). Isn't that just screwed up? I'm having a hard time seeing eye-to-eye on this, even though I want to respect his decisions and be happy if he is happy.

dubes

Asked by dubes at 2:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Love is blind?
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I see where your coming from. It's like another Anna Nicole. Its hard because a lot of the time when you see such a large age difference you think someone is just in it for the money or some other materialistic matter. My aunt and her old husband were like 32 years apart... To each is there own... But I don't know what young female in their right mind would wanna be sleeping with some old man... Ugh it groses me out just thinking about it!lol
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thats just not right!! is ur dad rich!
    Layan82

Answer by Layan82 at 3:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I personally think 5-10 years is the max age difference that I can be okay with. Anything else is too much to even have anything remotely in common with except lust or money. I have a father and I also have older sons and don't have a Daddy complex or want to be a Cougar. That is just to creepy for me to even picture when I hear or see others with such age differences. But to each his own and I have family members just like your situation and see how happy they are and I just keep my feelings to myself.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would have big issues with my dad dating someone younger than me.. JS
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Age is just a number and love is blind. If your father is truely happy and that women is what does it for him then support him in this choice he has made you don't have to agree with it just support him.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• 9 times out of 10 a 25 year old would only date a guy that age for one reason...and its certainly not because he's a hottie...if ur dads wealthy...or buys he alot of things...i would question the situation myself.
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 3:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My husbend of 5 yrs now is exactly 1 yr 1 month and 20 days older then me I know its a lil weird to have it that figured out but i did it bk when we were first dateing he in high school me n jr high so im ok w it and as far as the major age diffs my mom dated a guy that was only 6 yrs older then me and i hated it he tried coming n as the dad and we butted heads every step of the way he wound up being more like an older brother who couldnt keep a job so I think its more about the maturity of the people n the relationship and not so much the number of years old.
    Talisa G.

Answer by Talisa G. at 3:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My first x/DH was 10 mos younger than me....it was like having a kid I didn't give birth to. I had to tell him when to shower, remind him all the time to pick up his dirty clothes, change his underwear and put away his toys.....seriously! My 2nd is 13 & 1/2 yrs older than me and he is just a notch below my maturity I think. It works well. (We are kinda sorta back together....long story! Living apart but not seeing anyone else kinda thingy!) Anyhoo. I would take the 13 yrs older over the 10 mos younger any day. My last bf of 3 yrs was 22 mos older than me and his maturity level was in the toilet but his ego was in the clouds. It was horrible! I had to do all the things like the first x/DH but listen to how wonderful and awesome he was then he'd pout if I didn't give him attention because one of my kids needed me. Literally wanted to pop a nukie in that kids mouth! Let dad be happy and be there if he's not. He is YOUR elder!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i dont think thats right..
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 4:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010