Are you or have you ever lived or been involved with an addict of any kind?

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes i was addicted to drugs for 7 yrs, I am know a little over 4 yrs clean and today i have a family of my own. I wouldn't go back there if my life depended on it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i once worked with a girl who was addicted to oc's ...only she crushed them and mixed them with water and shot up in her hands...the tops of her hands...it left hude scars and needle marks. the scariest thing honestly i have ever seen. and u want to say something so bad but dont feel it is ur place sometimes...i quit my job. i cant stand to see ppl hurt themselves. i didnt want to say anything because...im not a tatteler...and i didnt want to be responsible for someone else loosing their job when i knew they needed the money. is sickening to think of seeing those things happen.
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 3:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• CONGRATS raemommy!!! It is so difficult to break any addiction - my hats off to you!
    I have been married to a drunk and married to a "sober drunk". I divorced them both....there wasn't any difference in their behavior. The "sober drunk" has been dry for almost 11 yrs now and he is no longer the "sober drunk" but in recovery. He is still tempted to drink nearly every day but for that one day he decides not to. My upstairs neighbor is addicted to pills. She seemed to have stopped in early September, but it looks like she might be back on 'em. I have had to just about end our friendship as she has used me over and over and well, I finally got sick of it! It's very hard to deal with someone still using.....but is also hard dealing with someone who is clean if you don't know how to establish and enforce boundaries.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes I have. I have siblings, one who is an alcoholic still and at one time drug addict. I have another that is a recovering alcoholic, and a son that is a recovering drug addict
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes I have a nephew who is hooked on meth. He has been through rehab, been to prison for it and still continues to do it. It's heartbreaking to our entire family that we can't do any more to help him. All of us have tried and tried but he obviously doesn't want to quit. It's a damn hard thing to watch someone you love do that to themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think my EX was addicted to alcohol and watching porn.And ,as far as I know, he still hasn't admitted it or tried to break his bad habits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had a friend who stayed with me for a while who drank a lot.
    msm2010

Answer by msm2010 at 4:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was w/ a guy for 3 years. His whole family was addict to pot. it was 24/7. They would smoke in front of their kids and some of the kids were adults and they would smoke w/ them. That lead him to meth and thats when I left. My best friend, whom I've known my whole life got addicted to meth and it screwed up her whole life. She was so messed up that I couldn't have her in my wedding. 2 nights before my wedding she got arrested and bailed out the am of my wedding. Her parents told her she wasn't to come but she showed up to my reception anyways high. So I had all of my dhs family and friends staring at her wondering what was wrong w/ this girl. It ruined the whole thing. Now shes off the drugs but shes totally schizo and can't hold down a job. Meth fried her brain. I miss my old friend and I know I will never have her back. I kind of blame myself b/c when I left my ex I left everyone that knew him for fear of my life and I feel
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• cont..... if I had been there w/ her she wouldn't have done it and she might have left her now ex sooner. He was the one making it. If I could go back and save her I would.
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010