Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do for this acid reflux until i see my doc...disgusting and painful.


Asked by kaitybuggsmomma at 4:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (360 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • If you can afford it, you can get over the counter Omeprezole (I know Walmart has it). But that is a 14 day treatment there and I am sure you will see your doctor before them. That could be an option for later, since I see by the post above about your pregnancy. Another thing is try to be aware of when it happens, what food you were eating that can trigger it. I had it really bad and was surprised to learn rice and other starchy foods set off mine, along with peanut butter. Sometimes it is spicy things or things with acid. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • My mother has acid reflux bad... if she couldn't see a doctor right then.. she would take Prilosec OTC and tums or rolaids.. and no sodas..

    Answer by ajc88 at 4:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Oh but if your pregnant since I just saw you posted this in pregnancy -- I took tums or rolaids only during pregnancy and stopped drinking the caffeine -- Sorry about that

    Answer by ajc88 at 4:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • You can take tums. I was told to take zantac 75 by my doc. I mean I have bad heart burn. Mine hurts in the back of my neck and sometimes makes me want to throw up. And sometimes water even does that to me. But the zantac helps. for the most part.

    Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2010