• In the Spotlight:

Am I being irrational here? Dh is pissing me off

Dh works away from home. When I talk to him while he's working he cheery and he's laughing. I mean just happy, ya know. But when he's home, he mopes around. Oh blah this, oh blah that. "I hate living paycheck to paycheck. I can never do anything for myself. What to we have to pay this week?...oh great more of my money gone." And so on. Dh makes more money in a week than all our friends make in 2. He claims he never does anything for himself, yet he has a $150.00 video game he just picked up last week. Thats no typo ladies. He's never happy with home. Our couch is 2 grand. I wanted the one that was like 400 bucks...but nooooo Mr. hate living paycheck to paycheck wanted a couch that was 2 grand. I mean for someone who hates living paycheck to paycheck & claims to not have anything for himself, ur sure doing well. I try to explain/show him that we're doing well, considering. But he doesn't listen. Am I wrong to be pissed??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• nope I'd tell him to put on his big boy pants and start saving money if he doesn't want to live paycheck to paycheck and to quit acting like it's a chore to be part of the family
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes you should..
    instead of wasting money thats not necessary he should give you money to spend on you..
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no...sounds like he has a heck of an attitude problem...maybe hes trying to let u know that something else is bothering him...u know guys sometimes talk in code...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 4:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No i would be like stop your bitching all the time and why are you so happy when your at work and your a grump head at home. Get to the bottom of what is problem sounds like he isn't speaking up and something is bothering him.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would be pissed. It sounds as if he wants the best things in life but is upset when he no longer has money to do just whatever he wants. He must be making good money to spend 2 grand on a couch and 150 on a video game. My husband was happy with our 475 couch and 425 love seat.. and only gets to spend 60 on a video game if he is lucky and we have extra money that he can use for himself..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well at work he is in a social setting so it makes sense that he is cheery. He complains to you because you are his comfort zone and friend. When he does this try to just listen and maybe agree. Like saying "that must be hard for you". Don't get offended but just see him through it. He might just need you to hear him.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010