do u like other people kissing your baby in the mouth ??

my boyfriends family keep kissing my baby in the mouth but i cant find a way to tell them it bothers me..

lOViNMOM2211

Asked by lOViNMOM2211 at 4:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Family is fine. Other people -- no, I wouldn't like it but I have never been in that situation. So, maybe you should talk to your boyfriend about this issue you are having
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no please talk to him . that would bother me more than you can imagine. if he cares, he will understand. good luck.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 6:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• NO ONE should kiss your baby in the mouth. OMG the germs and a baby has like no immunity to that. SPEAK UP AND SAY NO.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It is hard to tell family to not kiss the baby on the mouth. It would drive me nuts! but yeah how do you tell family to stop without making them mad? you could find a way to say it like, "you know my DR was telling me about flu season and talking about the spread of germs and I know you mean well but I would like to play it safe and have the kisses on the head instead of the lips"
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 7:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• EEEWWWW! All I can think of is GERMS! That poor baby! You have to speak up - you have to tell them to stop! Your baby is depending on you!!!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thats totally gross and i would just be blunt with them...think of it this way lots of ppl have fever blisters they start acting up for days before the blister appears so they are contagious before and after the blister is gone..would you want someone kissin the baby that has one? Its simple to catch...my dhs grandma has them and i just told her dont kiss the baby in the mouth or anywhere near her mouth and i gave her my reason for why...they will take it however they want to but you are only doing it to protect your baby
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks for the advice.
    lOViNMOM2211

Comment by lOViNMOM2211 (original poster) at 4:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2010