how would you

How would you feel if your husband told you blood was thicker then water.

momtoPMCandJNC

Asked by momtoPMCandJNC at 5:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• That he meant family before anyone else in his life. I would feel ok with that, cause I am family. I married into the family, but still I am still family.

Answer by louise2 at 5:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If he was sayiing it to me because he thinks he has to be more loyal to his family than to me I would be mad. After all you are his new family now.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think I'd be pretty pissed off.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd be like yeah and divorce is more expensive then marraige so think twice before you side with anybody.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd remind him that you married him and not his family. Just as he married you and not your family. In all fairness you are more "blood" than they will ever be. You gave birth to his kids
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• They put up with him by obligation ("blood is thicker than water") You do it by choice. You don't need a stupid, overrated phrase to define your bond and the responsibilities that go with it.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Family before friends, I guess. Those are just words to me and mean nothing.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• completely discombobulated - and have a one on one with him - make him understand that you are his first priority in his life since he took you on as his wife -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• When he took you as his wife, he DECIDED that his alliance would forever more always be WITH YOU! So, if he's trying to say that in the context of choosing ANYTHING or ANYONE over you (besides children) then he should sleep in the dog house tonight!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well....it would be wrong. WHen you get maried,you are instructed to "leave your mother and father and cleave only unto your wife...husband..."whatever. In other words, after marrying,your first loyalty is to your spouse. I would be really hurt.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010