Any other ways to find out when I'm ovulating?

I have tried to calender it and tried the at home test's and still nothing.

ConnersMom06

Asked by ConnersMom06 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Chart your basal temperature (temp first thing in the a.m. before you even get out of bed). The day that it spikes is supposed to be the day that you ovulate. It will stay elevated for a few days during your period then it should even out again. While you are charting your temperature, also chart the consistency of your mucus (yes, I said MUCUS) -the slimy stuff down below! It will go from thick/white to slimy/clear on the days leading up to ovulation. When it is the thinnest and most stringy in your fingers, that's the day to have sex if you want to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Oh, and they also say that if you do it doggy style on the day of ovulation, the odds are in your favor for a boy! It worked for me!
    jacobsmom707

• Jacobsmom is right but I have to add that I was told to take it right after I woke up, before getting out of bed or moving around a lot. Check the internet to find sites where you can read up on it, they will have charts you can print off to keep track of your temperatures. Also, have sex everyother day. This gives your man time to build up his sperm count and raises your chances of getting pregnant.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008