Another example of your tax dollars at work!!

I was going to use the following story as more evidence that Obama's economic stimulus bill IS a horrible failure, as it was crazy to give the federal government even more control over our country, as they're incredibly inefficient.

But, then I realized, it was probably just an honest mistake. When determining who to mail all of those $250 stimulus checks to, they probably just used the Democratic voter rolls, which is where the names of all the dead people came from! LOL

Clicky below

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• banging head into wallI dont care if they have an R or a D behind their name. If  they voted for this stupid thing, I hope they are voted out in the coming election. The article says there is no provision for getting the money back from dead people. Which means some dishonest relatives cashed in that money. We know they can't think for themselves. As Pelosi said of the health care bill --we have to pass it to see what's in it!  Throw all of them out in Washington and start over. Then maybe we will get real change.

duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• surprise...... It's so easy to cash or deposit a check made out to a dead family member. Yes, just more proof of an incompetent government.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd like to blame Obama (well, I can for the stupid stimulus package in the first place), but he wasn't the one who mailed the checks. Our government is a mess of bureaucracy and office drones; it's not surprising at all that this kind of error happened. I'm surprised that the mistake wasn't worse.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I wonder if they came from this polling place???

DeadDemVoters

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I hate the thought that this happened, but errors happen everywhere. Just look at all the recent recalls we have had with cars, toys, medications etc. Shit happens even in private business.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• if the Republicans win a congressional majority in November's midterm elections, the President will have struck political gold.

The President will be able justifiably to blame the gridlock in Washington on the obstructive Republican House or Republican Senate, or both.
    I am working hard to try to get things done for you in Washington but Republicans are, always have been, and always will be the party of no."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-albert/why-the-president-wins-if_b_743257.html
    Be careful what you wish for! LOL If the economy improves by 2012 you'll have Obama until 2016
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 10:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Absolutely Rnurse- and if things start to improve (like the economists keep saying), the short term American memories will kick in- Just like all the -'s now get assigned to BO, so will all the +'s (if the materialize).

The Repubs better think long and hard about who they nominate, long and hard.......

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• They got the dead people off the Democrats voters list. They must have had ACORN help them with this.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• And to think some of you want the government to take care of your health-care.---

some people never grow-up and get out of momma/daddy's house, natesmom. as long as they get theirs...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Exactly nates..half of this country lost their damn minds.Although,there wasn't much support for that particular healthcare bill that passed recently.Still they crammed it down our throats..why bother listening to the American people..they will find out why in just TWEENTY-FIVE..25..dayssssssssssss

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010