LDS question

If a member is struggling financially, can she step down from positions in the church to go to work to help her family or is it required of her to wait until she is released?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually do not know.
    But the LDS is very supportive of their congregation. I would like to believe that they would be able to find away to financially support their leaders.
    I know that they gather around their own.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• that almost seems like a way for someone to take advantage of the system for their own gain if they were good enough actors.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't know. I know that my previous tenants' church paid their rent every month instead of having the man step down from a deacon (or something) position... but I'm not sure all the details.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'm LDS and yes you can I actually stepped down from the primary presidency to go to work.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I am LDS and yes you can ask to be released from your calling. Just talk to the Bishop and let him know what is going. GL!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If you have other needs then you can ask to be released...it wont be held against you(although I admit there might be some members who would cuz people are people and you just never know but its between you and the Lord not them).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• idk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes you can...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Actually all they would have to do is talk to the Bishop which they would have to do if they were to step down. They would help thtat member out. They are like a large family they take care of each other.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2010