what kind of parent do you think your child will remember you as?

i think mine will remember how fun and playful/joking i am with him, i also think he will remember how quick i am to put him in his place.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• scared to think of it. I'd like to be remembered as always there and a friend in need, but he'll probably remember the negative stuff more: kinda strict, moody...lol lovely.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My kids are only 5 and 10 days old.. I think they create an opinion on their parents based on their experiences as teenagers..

For instance, when I was a teenager I thought of my parents are strict, unfair and not at all cool!! Now I think they were great parents, always right, and kind of cool :)

I wish my daughter thinks of me the same way when she's older..

mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 8:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I like to think he knew I loved him even though I really wasn't the best at showing it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Hopefully one that loved them and would do anything in their power for them.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I hope they remember how much I love them, how proud of them I am and how much I supported them through anything.

My son the other day actually repeated something I had said to him a few years ago, I thought that was remarkable that he remembered it and told it to his friend.
    His friend asked why he always dressed so nice, they make fun of him sometimes because he primps alot...anyway My son said because my mom has always told me you should always look nice when you leave the house because you never who you might run into.
    I just thought to myself - wow he does hear what I say. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010