if you were dating someone for a good while, would you be mad/offended if they spelled your last name wrong?

one of my friends had sent her boyfriend a post card from vegas...she's been dating him for long time and she spelled his last name wrong. i think the right spelling didnt occur to her until he brought it to her attention but he was still making a big deal out of it.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depends on the difficulty of the last name. my maiden name was hard to spell and pronounce and everybody always got it wrong. although, to me, if you just sound it out it wasn't hard lol. but anyways no, i probably wouldn't be offended. my husband and i had to take a marriage 101 class before his chaplain would marry is, and can you believe the jerk didn't know my birthday? "june or july.. something.. ??" now that was offensive! lol!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• everyone's allowed to make mistakes.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Eh I wouldn't mistakes happen Big deal... WOW... You know at least she took the friggin time to send him post cards...

FYI my hubby for the life of him couldn't even remember my name for the first few month we were living together, I didn't think it was a bid deal. Its not like he called me by it all the time.... =) Although I had an easy last name before we married. Banks.... LOL I think his issue was there were so many last names in my family it was hard to keep up. My mother had a different one, my stepfather, my my brother all had different ones, Only me & my oldest were Banks.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would be offended.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 8:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes I would be hurt that it happened.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half and he still spells my name wrong lol I guess it's my fault cause I never correct him but he has seen me sign my name before so you think he would catch on. lol You have to choose your battles though and if this is the worst thing he's done then your luck.
    nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No, I wouldn't. My husband can't spell my last name, either child's first name or remember my birthday. He tries but spelling just isn't his thing.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 9:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Eh, my husband has done it a few times. It's complicated lol
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No because my last names is weird to spell to most people
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010