If you could make a Code of Conduct list for your children what would it include?

I will be making one today for my teens. I address the normal conduct I expect, Honesty, punctuality, doing your best in school. I also provide for rude behavior, talking back, and disrespect. Do you have things you would add?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Have a daily act of kindness. Have you hugged someone today?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Dress modestly and appropriately ---I'm all for people including teens expressing themselves but not to the point of exposing rear ends and showing so much skin you're putting the local prostitutes to shame.
    Treat your body with respect and respect yourself in general. Don't do something just because everyone else does it or your girlfriend/boyfriend says the "L" word. That L word is a lot of the time mistaken for another L word and if you arent careful you could find yourself with a broken heart if you're lucky, an unplanned pregnancy or an STD if you aren't. On that note, if you are grown enough to play that roulette game, be grown enough to come up with birth control (We've discussed the options and I'm not supplying, sorry) and/or be grown enough to take responsibility for what happens.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Compassion, kindness, love for your fellow human being.

Answer by older at 9:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My list would be:

Compassion/kindness
    Honesty
    Integrity
    Respect - for oneself and for others
    Striving to reach your potential
    Responsibility

Honestly, I think everything could be covered in that... But I could be wrong. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I like what duck said.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I will show respect for myself and others through my words and actions.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010