any suggestions for severe achy knee's that are supper stiff as well

I'm ecxpecting my third baby in January.Both my previous pregnancie's I didnt really have any achy ness or stiff ness.With this one I am 6 months now.For the past few days my knee's to my ankle's have been extremely stiff and very tender and sore.Now my knee's are so stiff that it hurt's doing anything.I get pain's that shoot from my knee's to my ankle's.Is this something that is common durring pregnancy or should i be more concerned and call my doctor?

cleomo7

Asked by cleomo7 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be fluid build-up. You could try alternating heat and cold packs. You should call your doctor, just to be safe.

Hope you feel better.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 8:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Maybe it's due from the increased swelling? Maybe it's coming from your back? Keep moving :)
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 8:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I am in my first pregnancy but I have the same thing happen to me. I have stiff muscles. And I went to the doc about it and he said it is bc everything is moving around in my body making room for the baby. I was like well this hurts. I will be just sitting there and have a spasm. One night I woke up with an incredible pain in my legs after I streched them. It was horrible. But I just let it work itself out while just bawling my eyes and my so rubbing my legs. I do not know if this helped but I can tell you you are not alone :)
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Play some soothing music and do something likely to expand and stretch the areas you are holding / retaining water. Dance with your other children. Hot or cold packs. Tea. Lots of water. No salt. Take a walk , slow and steady. Go in a.m. and p.m. Yoga, stretch, meditation, ...don't eat junk food. Have a salad, chop up lots of good things to put in it.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Bed rest
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would call your doctor. Also try eating a banana and drink lots of fluids.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thank you everyone for your responses..i found out that it is normal n that when it gets real bad i have to lay down n prop my feet up n just try to relax..i drink lots of water n tea n bananas i eat at least two a day along with other fruit..my ob told me its because verses my other two pregnancy's i was very over weight with them n with this pregnancy i was only bout 14lbs over weight n pretty toned up n now that i have alota restrictions my muscles arent used to just chilling n relaxing.so its kinda hard but i've been finding different things that i am allowed to do so i keep mobile a little more..
    cleomo7

Comment by cleomo7 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010