Do you treat your pets like one of the family?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pets

• yes all of them..they are my fur babies!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• in some ways.. he gets love and attention. but i don't dress him.. that is a little extreme in my opinion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love my pets, why would I do that to them. lol
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No. Especially not dogs. They need to be treated like dogs for their own health. We take the Cesar Milan approach.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes we never say we have 3 kids it's always 4 cause we always include the dog. lol and we spoil him the same too.
    nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• well.. they kinda are members of the family aren't they?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• not really. she's counted in as a member of our 'household' (although she's an outdoor-dog), but she's not equal status as a human, not at all.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes. They get the same level of care and concern as the rest of the family just not to the same extent as family. I would do anything to save my children. I recent.y put my cat down because treatment could have exceeded 2,000 and it was just a chance he would make it. If it was my child it would be different. They do get good quality food, well visits, sick care when they need it and a good quality of life until I can no longer provide it, such as 2,000 dollar liver treatment.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes. My cats are my babies too! I don't dress them or anything like that but I do love them and cuddle them and take care of them.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes to some extent. I don't believe in allowing the dog free reign. She knows who is in charge and who isn't. But otherwise we try to provide the same care we would our children.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010