How soon can I get pregnant after removing the Mirena?

Me and my husband are trying to conceive again and I just got off the Mirena almost 3 weeks ago. Is it possible to immediately get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• When I decided I wanted mine removed to try for number three, I remember the Ob/Gyn told me to expect a normal period within about three weeks. Well 4 weeks later we were driving down the road on vacation and I said, funny...I never got a period dear. My dh wheeled into the pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test, and sure enough - it was positive! LOL

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Your Gyn was right. Although, what the informatin that came "with" the IUD said was that it is possible to become pregnant immediately upon removal. Depends really on how fast your body decides to resume normal activities lol. When I had my first Mirena removed it was 3 months before I got pregnant although I had a full cycle within 5 weeks. That being said, I am still not going to have this one removed until the day I am "ready" to be pregnant, if there is such a thing ;+} ! Good luck!
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 9:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008