Do you like to cut out sugar cookies during the holidays?

I have cookie cutters, but usually just buy the ones that have the faces on them where you just put them on the sheet, heat and eat, lol..Today me and my 3 y/o are going to cut them out....I think she will enjoy it. Do you like cutting out cookies?

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 9:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• it depends on how many other holiday 'treats' i'm making. i will usually make sugar cookies for my ds to decorate, and he does like the xmas shapes, like the trees, candy canes, or snowmen.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love making cookies! I haven't done it in awhile though.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've never cut them out myself. I always buy the ones that have the faces/designs on them that you just stick on a sheet, heat and eat! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love doing cutouts. It's a tradition in our family.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I always make cut out cookies using the same recipe my mom did when I was a kid. I make so many kinds of cookies that I start the first week of December making large batches and freezing them, and making sure to put aside plenty for Christmas Day for our family. Even my adult sons still like to help with the cookies! Usually they bring girls.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, I'm expected to make at least 3 batches of my sugar cookies for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love making homemade cut-out cookies. Also making or buying the icing and candies and such to decorate them with. The kids love doing it, even my teenage boys :) We are going to make some soon for Halloween, and we will make more for Christmas. And for Christmas, we use our cookie cutters to make cookie dough ornaments for the tree too :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, in fact that is the only time that I do them. I carried on this tradition from my mom as she would do it with my sister and I when we were kids and even though I had a son I still passed it on with him, however he grew out of it much sooner than if I'd had a daughter. Even though he is grown now I still carry it on every year by myself until I have some precious grandchildren to share in the experience with me.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've never done it, but I plan on doing so with my son this year!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love to bake... esp cutting out sugar cookies and painting them.... the last time I did that was June and that was 300 of them for
    a graduation party... I will be getting ready to start the Holiday baking right after Halloween...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010