My son is 8 and has been diagnosed with adhd/anxiety but he does things that make wonder if more is wrong with him.

For instance.. he does things wrong and then tells on himself , you tell him not to somthing and he'll do it any way, i can be talking to someone and he'll interrupt i'll tell him to be quiet and wait and he'll just keep on talking like he dosent hear me . this may soundnormal for kids his age to act but you have to understand the degree and i could really go on. and yes weve tried medication prefer not to use it . it made him very angry and agitated and hes normaly a very happy boy i dont ever want him to feel like somthing wrong with him ,oh and he over analizes everthing gets scared watching the disney channel. are thigs gonna get worse as he gets older im seriously scared for both of us. I thank all who give me advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My best advice would be to take him to a psychologist that specializes with children. My middle son started being scared of everything at 8 and he had many issues with being perfect. I truly believe that counseling can help anyone and that there is nothing wrong with it. My son went for about 6 months. Also about the meds. I understand not wanting to medicate your child and if they had negative effects on him I would stop as well. I do believe that medication can be helpful if you find the right ones. My oldest takes them for a skin condition and a few years ago we tried to take him off of everything, just to see how he was doing. We found that there are certain meds he will have to take, probably for the rest of his life. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Could be Obsessive Defiant Disorder, with anxiety first try taking him to a Homeopathic doctor who has easy remedies that mix in water and are tasteless. Helped my daughter loads. Eileen
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 4:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2008