Would you donate your egg? watch our gurlz, tough question! Would you take money?

I had a fertility issues that was resolved, Thank GOD! Childbirth was the best, scratch that, was the most rewarding experience in my life, trumps my wedding. However, almost not having children to having a child is wonderful. I think about the Moms that can't, during my ordeal on the bottom of the page, it asks would I b willing to donate my eggs. WOW!
On one hand, I would love for a women to experience motherhood, its the best gift that we have and on the other hand, Im saying, Geez, do I want my dna running around! I would wonder...
Then I see ads in the paper (not that I would entertain them) for egg donors...I was wondering if people really do that?
My solution was if a family member or close friend needed help, yes, I would.
Donating to a stranger kinda feels weird to me. (Tag ur it)

websavvy1
http://nearnew.ecrater.com/

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would never begrudge a woman the experience of motherhood, but I like you could not have my DNA running around without me knowing. Plus, how good of records do they keep of this sort of thing, and spem donners...I know it is a great big world out there, but eventually is it a risk of inbreeding?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'm not sure I could donate without having a complete background on the people I was giving too. I would not take money. I think this is similar to adoption. If I took money I would feel like I was selling my baby.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I, personally could not. I couldn't stand not knowing my child. There are so many children in the foster system that I wish people would consider adopting first. However, I think anyone that could donate their egg is a wonderful selfless person. I would hope people who need money would not choose to "sell" their eggs. But if you are doing it for the right reasons, I don't see why they shouldn't take the money.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes! I would donate eggs! And yes i would take money!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no i wouldn't donate an egg. i would surrogate for some one i knew/loved, but i couldn't have my dna running around unaware of where they came from.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i would not donate to some clinic..however i would donate to a dear friend or family memeber
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• This is a tought question and it certainly involves a lot of thought. I would donate my eggs, but I would not do it for money. I think the person I donate them too would have to be someone I knew well, not just some stranger.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i would also like to add donation means..you are "giving" something out of the kindness of your heart..you do not take something in exchange for what you give
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would.

I would not accept anything for it though.

And I would be happy to.

Think about it... there is some desperate couple out there who needs an egg and may already have the sperm. Or, they may need both and you are half the answer to the rest of their life. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Also... you are not using all of your eggs... every month when you have a cycle that is an egg lost.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2010