Do you think you have to be gay (even bi-curious) to fully support gay Pride and to attend the parade?

I fully support gay pride, but I am straight. Everyone I tell that I want to go to the Gay Pride Parade asks if I am gay, bi or bi-curios.

Why do you HAVE to be in order to support it?

I support Breast Cancer Awareness. I do not have breast cancer, do not have any lose friends/relatives with it and nor do I hope to get it... but I support it.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nah, that's not a requirement! Some people can't understand supporting anything that doesn't directly affect them.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You don't have to be gay, lesbian, transgender or bisexual to attend. You're a straight ally, you have every right to attend as well!

I would go to one, I don't care what anyone else says!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love the pride festival we have in my city...Fablous Ferndale.

Ferndale is to Michigan as San Francisco is to Cali...even our mayor is gay.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You don't have to be gay to attend. You could be supporting a friend or family member. Or just supporting your own belief.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No, I do not have to be black to support black rights. You should support and participate in things you believe in, not just what you are.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Im straight, but I fully support gay rights.....

I think people who tell you that are messed in the head. but they honestly don't know any better... Too many people are raised to hate what they can not understand... I was raised to love everyone & everything no matter if they were gays, straights or purple with pink butterflies on their heads. Its just how I was raised. Which was pretty lucky for me, since my baby brother turned out to be gay...

I think you need to support what you believe in , no matter what......
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I go every year! Even have an equal rights sticker on my stroller! LOll
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You definitely do not have to be gay to attend a pride parade! You could have friends that you are there to support or relatives or just want to support it in general!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Absolutely not!

It should be important to every American, especially where RIGHTS are concerned

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Of course not! I am straight and I go to them and every other support rally.

Answer by older at 11:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2010