How can I make him understand?

How can I make my husband understand that i would love to just turn off all the cell phones and go somewhere just him and I? It seems like everytime we plan to do something his phone is going off or we end up at someone's house instead of it just being us spending time

Hiswifey2005

Asked by Hiswifey2005 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I have that same issue with my husband. He ALWAYS brings his cell phone. And in the middle of our time, he'll answer the phone if one of his friends call. It's like, that's what voicemail is for. Let them leave a message. You can check it and call them back later! I've expressed my annoyance with it and he is getting better about it. You just need to tell him how you feel. Tell him that it bothers you and why it bothers you. That you want to spend time with him, not his friends or him talking to someone on his cell phone! Men can be so annoying! So I feel you.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• This is what I would do. Take his phone when he not looking. Turn in ringer off and ya;; can hear but. MAybe that would help
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'm sure you've tried talking to him. If you can't get him to understand, then tell him that even though it's not important to him, you hope that he cares that this is important to you.....try getting him to give you some time as a "gift" for your birthday or a special occasion. Maybe he'll see that he likes it too.

My other thought is, buy tickets to do something so that the plans can't be changed. Buy advance tickets to a movie, fair , amusement park or other event.

Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The only thing I can think is making a deal with him, he leaves his cell phone at home and he gets something special in return. Other than that, i don't really know. We don't really have this issue. My husband is all about leaving the phones at home.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Ask him if he really cares how much this means to you. If he's one of those who truly wants to do everything he can to make you happy, let him know that having a night alone sans friends and cell phones once a month (or whenever) would be the icing on the cake (the cake being happily married to HIM).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010