okay mom's what is your opinion on winter coats? best ones and worth the money!

okay...
i just got my kids their winter coats from carters!
i get all of their stuff from there..
but the coats idkk seem a little difficult..
too many zippers and everytime you pull the childs arm out the whole sleeve comes out!
not a big like in my eyes..
they love fox and hurley but unfortunately they dont make them that small!

japandamommy

Asked by japandamommy at 9:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I bought my 7 month old a Columbia. I like them best. I know it's expensive for a baby that will just grow out of it. But I think it's appropriate for a cold state. It should last him 2 winters and when he's doneI will donate it to Coats For Kids!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My dd wears Columbia too! We are in Nebraska and it is fricken cold here in the winter, so she needs a thick, warm coat!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 9:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I get my kids' coats from used clothing stores. I'm not going to pay full price for something they'll just grow out of by the next winter.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son has had a spyder ski suit the past few years and this year he has a spyder coat also last years coat was from lands end. I think that we have obermeyer ski suits and coats for 3 of my girls and I'm not sure what my oldest has I think Roxy. Ski pants. And an north face coat. She did have an obermeyer coat at one time
    The beauty of the winter wear we have purchased in the past or received as hand me Downs I'd that they last and last and last.as long as they are cared for properly
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have always bought Columbia coats for my kids, expensive, but so warm and you really can't kill em. We pass them down.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We got our 3 older kids coats at Costco last year (the kind with the removable  fleece jacket inside).  They are almost identicle to the ones the girls had right before that we got at JC Penney.  We handed down one of those to the 4yo.  The kids love them.  They are super warm even without the fleece jacket inside.  I think they were like $30 each.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yup columbia too... we live in Maine... it is cold... and we spend a lot of our time outdoors... plus... i pass them down to each other then other family members...
    Sarah26

Answer by Sarah26 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2011