Baby digging in her ears

My DD is almost 7 months old. She keeps digging inside her ears, so much that she breaks the skin (even though we keep her nails fairly short). A lot of moms had said it's the teething. When you rub or press down on her ear it isn't painful, so it can't be ear infection... can it? Any insights and remedies would be helpful

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 9:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is two years old now and she's been digging in her ears for as long as I can remember. When she first started, we were repeatedly taking her to the doctor to get her ears checked. She never had an ear infection and the doctor said everything looked great. It's just something she's always done. And I don't think it's from teething anymore because she's already gotten all of her teeth in that she can get at this age.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes it can be an infection or even fluid build up in her ears. Go have the pedi check it out.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• She might just like to play w/her ears?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Have your doctor check out her ears. My son would put things in his ears and up his nose. Once he had the sniffles and the doctor pulled matches out of his nose. If the doctor says everything is fine then don't be too concerned . Just keep inspecting her ears.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It could be an infection. Check with your pedi. Could be teething, too. Just have bby checked to be sure! GL
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 3:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010