Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I need really helpful advice

Basically I am screwed and I don't know what to do. I am seriously considering leaving my husband. I will not be able to reply, because for some reason the replies are not allowed to be anon., and my husband sister comes to this site often.
I have no HS diploma , although I am going to school for one online. It costs $ 40 a month ( $1250 in total) . I have tried and tried to get a job. But I have not heard from any of the 28 positions. Still nothing. I have 2 children. My youngest is 3 months. My Q? is; How do I get out? I am stuck. I have nowhere to go and I am not leaving my children. I thought my first step would be to apply for temporary aid, to help me get on my feet. But I think because I live with my husband, I will not qualify. He makes too much. Where should I start? I don't even have a car. In case you are wondering why I am wanting to leave; He is cheating. Again. For the second (known) time.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • I really have no advice for you since I've never been in a situation like this before, but I am giving you a bump and hope that someone else can give you the advice you need. Good luck!

    Answer by poptart0325 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • My heart bleeds for you, mama. Don't you have any family or good friends who will help you out till your back on your feet?

    Answer by CassyzMom at 9:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Do you have family or friends to stay with? At least until you can get some child support figured out.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Why don't you tell him that you want to leave him, because you know he is cheating and that he needs to help you out financially so that you can find some where else to live with your kids? Are you scared of him? Is he violent? Some areas have facilities that help women in need, especially with children. Have you gone to the work force center or unemployment office in your area to get help with finding a job and applying for aid?

    Answer by akmccarty at 10:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • you dont have any family or friends to call on? See if your town has emergency assistance? Have you ever told him to get the F out? Go visit an attorney, find one that has a free consultation and explain your situation, if your husband makes decent money, he can be made to pay attorney fees especially when you are a stay at home mom. No one should have to stay in that situation. My sister went through this and she found a lawer that was willing to go after her husband for everything.

    Answer by anichols1 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Yes Its hard but it can be done what you need to do is apply for emergency temporary aid you can say things are not good right now but mostly you would not be lying but telling the truth. Also apply to go to a communit college and start looking for schollarships. Also start looking for fasfa. I am sure you know what has to happen and what can happen so you make up your mind in or out but if you go there are options. GL Momma Leave me a message if you need to talk??

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • sorry that was community college. LOL

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • What I would do is 1st contact a lawyer and ask about a divorce, child custody/support and find out what my rights are, and ask them what do I do now, where can I go? They may have suggestions or know of places. Next I would start saving up $ and looking for places to go-- like family/friends, a womens shelter. Try contacting United Way- they fund a lot of agencies and may know of ones that can help. Other places to contact-- Lutheran Social Services, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, YWCA, the police might know of shelters or places to help, or even local churches might be able to help. Once you have a place to go then pack up things for you and the kids and then confront him and tell him you are leaving. If you are scared of him, then I would have someone in the house with you (a friend, neighbor, family member, police officer) when you confront him. Good luck I hope everything works out!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.