Which is worse...Seeing your kids cry because "daddy" let them down again *OR* Not letting "daddy" see them at all?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in

• Their daddy letting them down. Because why let them give up their hopes with you letting their dad see them when he isn't even going to follow through if he lets them down? It takes more than impregnanting a woman to be a dad. I wish some men would realize that.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Daddy let them down. :(
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Seeing them cry because daddy let them down. :(
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• my situation is that the biological of my son i want to have nothing to do with. he is abusive and irresponsible. and does not care about anything but hiself. he got me in thousands of debt and refuses to help. so i just do not want him to know how i am or especially my son.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Their Daddy letting them down. 'Not allowing' contact with daddy only make you look like the bad guy. They grow up believing daddy is wonderful and mom wouldn't ever let me see him. This is coming form a friend of mine who was always told her dad was a horrible father and wanted nothing to do with her so her mom would not ever allow her to hear form him. She always blamed her mom for her never knowing her dad, I think she still does to some degree.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It's sad to see your kids cry when their dad lets them down It's happened to my kids many times but in the long run if you take the kids away from their father they may end up blaming you when they get older instead of laying the blame on their dad. I use to get so mad and worked up when he would cancel on them or not keep a promise, until one I decided that it wasn't doing any good. So one day when he canceled I calmly said to him that I was done with the yelling and the fighting and how sad it was that he was doing the same thing to his kids that his father did to him and that I hoped that they wouldn't hate him in the end like he hated his father. He got mad of course and denied that he was like his father but to tell you the truth he hardly lets them down anymore.

nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

Next question in
Love seat or couch?

Next question overall (Relationships)
I need really helpful advice