any uses for baby food jars?

I hate throwing them away, and I have no idea were to (or if I can) recycle them. Does anyone have any good uses for the, mainly the glass jars?

endurablemist

Asked by endurablemist at 10:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• - Use them as small flower vases for wild flowers or your own flower garden cuttings
    - Donate them to (or save them for when your child is older enough to join) a Scout troop, preschool, etc. They can use the jars to make colored sand art.
    - wider mouthed jars can be used to hold votive candles
    - if you have an herb garden or plants, dry the herbs and store them in the cleaned out jars.
    - Use them to organize buttons, nails, thumb tacks, etc
    - You can ues them to create snow globes. It's been a long time but I think we glued down small plastic figurines to the lid. then we filled the jar with water and glitter. Screwed on the lid with some type of sealant to keep it sealed up and voila. Snow globe.
    - Put broken crayon bits in a jar (one color family per jar) Place the jars in a small sauce pan of boiling water. WHen wax is melted, pour it into mini-muffin tins to make your own recycled crayons.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Take the tops and a board, nail or screw top to board. Screw board under cabinet in garage , or shelf. Then you can put bolts, screws whatever you need contained and put in jars and screw jar into jar lid and violla! Up off the counter I clear jars to see
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You can use them to put small tacks in, nails, craft things that are small. Anything little, that's laying about that you don't want bby to get ahold of!
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 3:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010