does anyone else feel like your life is not your own?

you do and please everyone else except yourself? When is it your turn?

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been a sahm for about 21 years now. I often feel what you're describing...even now, even though my youngest is almost 19. I love taking care of everyone, but sometimes families forget that mom's need to be taken care of too, they get so used to us taking care of everyone else. Every now and then something happens that shows me they appreciate it, and reminds me why I do it, and every now and then I just take a day to myself and say forget it, you're all on your own....of course I couldn't do that when my kids were small. Let me tell you that as they move out of the house, and I have more time for myself.....that's hard too......

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• As women our lives are never our own. Family, husbands, work it is endless. Set aside some time just for you to keep balance and harmony within you. At least you won't feel so overwhelmed as often. Be Blessed
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Sometimes I do. I have a child with autism and I need to make sure he's taken care of. I'm in school and I feel the demands of my classes. I need to cook, clean and do laundry. And my husband needs to be taken care of. (And I find it interesting that I put him last, when he needs to be a higher priority.) I end up neglecting parts of my life in order to take care of other parts. And it does get very frustrating at times.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 10:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Just when I thought I won't be able to reclaim my life, got my youngest off to college, bam....I am now raising my oldest grandson whose twelve. I went from not cooking unless the mood struck me, which wasn't to often,being able to come and go as I wished being able to study and do my homework assignments uninterrupted, to cooking everyday, worrying about bus routes, PTA meetings, flag football games and every other little thing that I thought was behind me. But hey, I thank God everyday that I am here .
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010