Hey ladies, wanna play a violent video game?

I'm a woman walking down the street alone. A man swaggers toward me and utters a sleazy come-on. I respond by leveling a gun in his direction and shooting him at close range. A gravestone pops up in his place, the epitaph inscribed with his last words: "I like your bounce, baby."

This is the world of Hey Baby, a computer game in which hordes of men call out pickup lines that range from fairly innocent ("Excuse me, do you have a boyfriend?") to pretty obscene ("I wanna lick you all over"). Players then choose whether to ignore the comment or shoot. The game's tagline: "It's payback time, boys."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2024265,00.html?xid=rss-biztech-yahoo#ixzz11mGQFfMf

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• .@grlygriz2 I see what you are saying, but for me violence is different. I could care less about gambling and pornography. Human on human violence is not something that should be taken lightly.

Answer by SabrinaBean 10 hours
    **********************
    Yes, violence and porn are often the same thing.And sexism and making a woman a victim. A "bad-ass woman" such as Amgelina Jolie is NOT a positive role model either.

I don't play any video games. I have no time,I have books to read, movies to watch, grandkids to see ,soccer games and tennis mathces to watch....good, happy,wholesome things to do that fill my life. NOtime for violent video games...or "bad-ass women" in violent video games. Not even that stupid "Farmville".
    Video games are a friggin waste of time for tiny minds,people with no lives,in their basements, all alone.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No thanks.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Hahahaha wow..
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• OMG. That is sick and wrong.
    See, this is what is wrong with people nowdays. They think it is fun entertainment.
    No conscience. No sense of reality.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't do free download games. Leaves one vulnerable to viruses, etc...Hubby and I prefer the real deal X-box, Wii, and PS3 games... And so what~It's a game.. Don't like it?? Here's an idea~Don't play it...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• @grlygriz2 I see what you are saying, but for me violence is different. I could care less about gambling and pornography. Human on human violence is not something that should be taken lightly.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Hahahahaha...sounds fun.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think I'm too old-my generation missed that craze- I was an adult before pong hit. The only system that we ever owned, we won in a raffle when my son was in Kind. (he is now a college Sophomore). Once in awhile, I'll play a game on my phone, other than that, No.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• @grlygriz2 No, that's what I'm saying. It's not about censorship. It's sad to me that there is a market for that. Like I said, I don't think violence should be glamorized and championed. It's barbaric.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• This is just as sick as the one where men are raping women. I don't see that as 'entertainment'.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010