To go or not?

So here's the deal instead of my mother inviting me to thanksgiving at her house she asks my sister to invite me for her...So would you say that means she didn't really want me to come or just didn't want toinvite me? I'm confused I don't know whether or not to go...here's the bad part right before she was talking to my sister on the phone she talked to me but didn't say a word to me about coming to thanksgiving..How would you take this? It feels like a real weird situation to me..if I go I may not feel wanted or welcome but it's always like this for every holiday she asks someone else to invite me instead of doing it herself. I get along with everyone in my family never have I caused any drama so I have no idea why it's always like this..this may sound weird but sometimes I even feel like she's predjudice with dh (he's hispanic) so she's embarrassed of him or to even introduce him in front of others she knows..which is nut

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm so sorry. I was going to say that maybe she just forgot to mention it on the phone with you, so told your sister...but you said this happens every year. In my family you don't really get invited, you just know it's happening and eventually we either ask or are told what time we're expected. Every family is different, but if you feel uncomfortable, maybe try doing your own special Thanksgiving this year, and see what happens. Don't make a big deal of it, just say, "oh we decided we wanted to do X this year" and see what happens....

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would honestly ask your mother why she has someone else invite you...ask her straight out if it's bc of so and so....
    I am an upfront person and will call it as I see it... and if it's a case of your mother not liking your dh, then maybe
    not go, why put yourself and your family in an uncomfortable situation during the Holidays... and start your own
    family Thanksgiving traditions...

GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Just have a Happy Thanksgiving Day at home.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• thanks for the good ideas ladies
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• dont go why go thur unnecessary drama
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010