What's one thing you are not looking forward to as a parent?

For me, I'm not looking forward to my daughter being a teenager. I'm not ready for the drama that comes along with it. LOL.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not looking forward to the teenage years! LOL So many things to worry about.
    akmccarty

Answer by akmccarty at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son driving..Ugh.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We have a 14, 8 and 7 yr old, all boys, and the only thing I will say I haven't liked over the years has been the fighting.... Other than that I look forward to every moment being a parent...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• One of us dying. I have loss two children and the pain of the death of a loved one is something I wish no one had to suffer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• This coming May when my beautiful daughter graduates highschool. It will be my first baby leaving the house. I am so proud of her and it really will be such a bitter sweet moment for me.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I meant the fighting between them....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've been through all the stages of parenthood now. I've got the infant, toddler, childhood, and tween years over with. I have sent the oldest thru college and the youngest is one year away from entering high school. All 3 boys have completed puberty and so has my 1 girl. I've gotten 2 of my boys thru driving and engagements and 1 is married. My next step that I've not yet experienced is GRAND parenthood!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Also the teenage years. Her being embarrased to be seen with us. No more cuddles or kisses. Boys, drugs, tattoos.... her hating us for keeping her away from said things.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son is only 6 months old but I joke all the time about how much I am going to miss kissing his cheeks someday when he thinks kisses from Mom are gross lol.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 10:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'm not looking forward to saying good bye when they leave for college. It scares me to death to know I won't see them every day.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2010