Do you ever find yourself looking at your baby and thinking "that's not my baby"

I love my DD. I don't have PPD. I just sometimes look at her and think "wow... I'm a mom.. thats my baby... It can't be... it's so surreal'! Is it just me?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 10:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the first month it was like i was the baby sitter and someone was going to come pick him up soon..lol. I loved him more than life but didnt have the bond right away. Doc says its common with c sections. Now, hes 15 months old and i look at my life and im like wow, i really am the mom of a 15 month old and i have raised him for 15 months..lol..Kinda crazy. I never thought i wanted kids..lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think this is normal for your first. Although, I have found myself doing it with my 4th...we decided we were done at 3 and I had a tubal, then had it reversed so our 4th is a blessing and its kind of surreal too!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• when my oldest was a baby, I kept thinking this can't be right this is a big joke someone is playing on me and any moment now they'll tell me haha just kidding and take him. I also had PPD and was by myself.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• somedays i find myself thinking wow i cant believe i am married and have 3 kids and i'm only 23.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010