What is the biggest mistake of your life so far? What did you learn from it?

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well I am 41 now and the biggest mistake I made in my life so far is that when I was 17 I was dating a no good guy who used to hit me and he was a total piece of shit. I am so glad I got away after 1 year and learned from that that I'm a beautiful person and deserve better and I found that better in 1992 and married him in 1994. We have 2 beautiful sons now and I am very Happy. Every woman who is a nice woman deserves someone great to be their dh/so.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Not finishing high school. I went to homeschool in seventh grade and basically dropped out all together by 9th grade.
    It was all me, nobody else. I had a great home life and a great family.
    I learned that I can't cop out of everything regardless of how hard it is. I spent a lot of my teen years just punking out of everything. Whether I was scared, paranoid, worried, insecure, or whatever .. I just started to give up on myself. I learned from that and I realized that I'm the only one who can create my own happiness. As Hallmark as that sounds. I'm the only one who is capable of making something of my life. That taught me to be strong, to fight through everything full force, and to really man up and take responsibility.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Getting sucked into my eating disorder.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010