Its not PTSD

I say this because we both seem to be having the SAME problem..DH came home from deployment in March and we were both sooo happy to be back together..but after a month things just didnt seem the same as they did before he left. We used to communicate SO well like we NEVER fought because we could always talk out our problems and frustrations. But now its like we cant talk without fighting or screaming and we both get soo annoyed with eachother it makes me sad :(..But so much bad shit has happened the past few months and while he was deployed (everything went wrong!) weve both just been soo stressed..I feel like hes gotten so aggresive, like he has never hit me but so have I..I get annoyed and Ill smack him (his arm ) and he'll get mad and grab my wrist or smack me back and say see doesnt feel so good does it..and he NEVER used to do anything like that..I guess it worries me, but hes always been so mellow until now. Obviously

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Im being the same way too though, its like we are both just so stressed and zoo annoyed with each other…how did this happen?? Two ppl who used to communicate soo well it was ridiculous and now look at us..whats wrong with both of us? Why cant we stop being angry and arguing??
    Italiancouture7

Comment by Italiancouture7 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have been through 3 deployments with my DH and it is never easy. It could still be a little PTSD on his part but you are also past the honeymoon phase of his homecoming. Now you have to learn how to be together again. I am assuming he was gone for a year? So he has spent a year with a bunch of soldiers and has only had to worry about himself and the mission at hand while you spent a year becoming more and more independent because he wasn't there to do things for you. Now you have to learn how to be a couple again and thats not easy. My hubby was deployed 3 times in 5 years, now he has been home for almost 2 1/2 years and we are just now back to where we used to be...for the most part. I have learned what triggers his PTSD and I try to help with that. Its an adjustment, that is why the divorce rate is so high in the military. I suggest counseling if your DH is willing.
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 11:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• He was deployed 8 months, and his job is supply so he worked at a FOB he never left the base
    Italiancouture7

Comment by Italiancouture7 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Its common for you to change during deployments. I would suggest getting some counseling, somewhere that you two can sit down and talk calmly with someone to mediate.

hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2010